Monday, February 25, 2013

Prickly Pizzas


Prickly Pizzas


       I grew up with this pizza recipe, it is the most delicious one I have tried.  Tonight I will attempt to make it look like a hedgehog!  Whether or not I succeed is unimportant, it will be tasty.

First I had Merlin, our snowflake male, check out the ingredients for me.  He says they're okay.




    


My cooking always turns out better 
with a hedgie in my apron pocket








Ingredients
2 1/2 - 3 cups of flour
1 package active dry yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup warm water (not hot!)
2 Tbsp cooking oil


Directions
1) in a large mixing bowl combine 1 1/4 cups of the flour, the yeast, and the salt.
2) add warm water and oil.  Stir rapidly for 3 minutes
3) stir as much of the remaining flour as you can
*less flour will lead to a softer dough

4) turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.  Knead for 6 minutes
5) divide dough in half, cover, let rest for 10 minutes
6) grease two 12-inch pizza pans.  Roll each dough half into 11-inch circles.  transfer dough circles into prepared pans
7) cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double (30 minutes).  Meanwhile preheat oven to 375 degrees.
8) cook the crust for 8 minutes or until light brown



 9) Spread pizza sauce (I use spaghetti marinara sauce) onto the hot crusts and top with desired toppings.
10) bake about 10 minutes or until cheese is toasted lightly



Merlin served as my model










It looks vaguely hedgehog-like...

But we ate it too fast to notice!








 






1 comment:

  1. I scrolled through this quickly and it looked like the Hedgie decided to go for a swim in the pizza! Lol really funny but now I want pizza!

    ReplyDelete